Each print has been printed on Hahnemühle German Etching 310 gsm – a white, 100% cotton paper with a velvety smooth surface texture and guaranteed archival quality. It meets the highest industry standards regarding density, colour gamut, colour graduation and image sharpness while preserving the special touch and feel of genuine art paper.
CARE AND HANDLING OF YOUR GICLEE FINE ART PRINT ON ARRIVAL
If your print arrives in a tube then I recommend unrolling it and framing it straight away, or taking it to the framer to be framed. If this can’t be done, after unrolling it from the packaging, please use two hands to support your print so it will not bend. A crease in the print is permanent. You can then store your flat prints for a short while using the acid-free tissue paper until you are ready to frame them.
HOW TO UNROLL YOUR GICLEE FINE ART PRINT
- Keeping the print inside the protective acid-free tissue sheets carefully lay the print out, image side up, on the flat surface
- With the tissue paper still covering the print’s image, place a few clean and dry, smooth, flat, and heavy objects (i.e., books) on the ends and around the middle of the print
- Let your giclée print relax over-night - if it still isn’t flat when you remove the books, replace them for a few more hours.
GENERAL CARE INFORMATION
- The cardboard container your print is packaged in is not suitable for long-time storage as it is not acid free and archival.
- Please keep your new print covered until it is framed to avoid damage. Be careful of water, hard objects & adhesives as these can damage and scratch the surface of your print. Try not to use your hands to wipe off any dust as this can also scratch the surface.
- After being framed, try to keep your print away from direct sunlight as UV rays can eventually affect the colours over time and cause it to fade.
If you have any questions please contact Yvette via the contact page here or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.